The Australian Vocabulary Symposium 2022 is running in Canberra and online on 14-15 November 2022.
This symposium will bring together users, creators and publishers of vocabularies across domains and sectors in Australia, to share experiences and identify requirements for FAIR vocabularies underpinning cross-domain data.
The symposium will be headlined by plenary presentations from Simon Hodson (Executive Director, CODATA) and Adrian Burton (Deputy Director, Australian Research Data Commons) on the future of vocabulary management, within and across domains.
Where and when
Call for presentations
Speaking slots are available. A call for abstracts will be open until 21 October 2022, 11.59PM (AEST). The symposium is oriented around five themes, and potential presentations are welcomed on these and related themes:
- Cross-domain vocabularies in practice
- Extending vocabulary use across domains
- Current best practices in vocabulary management and governance in Australia
- Vocabulary services and technologies
- Social and institutional challenges and opportunities in the adoption of vocabularies
- Hear about cross-domain vocabularies in practice, and strategies for managing and governing vocabularies
- Meet experts and make new connections, and join the community of people who are working with vocabularies and vocabulary services
- Contribute to addressing social and institutional challenges and opportunities in adoption and management of vocabularies
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in vocabularies is welcome to participate. The event will be of particular interest to researchers, data managers, vocabulary publishers, librarians and policy developers across the research, government and industry sectors