Perth Metro aerial capture - Winter 2023

For those looking for an update on the Perth Metro aerial capture (RGB @10cm), this commenced on the 5th of August.
Successful completion of the Southern Block has been captured (Purple & Blue flight lines).
A great start on the Northern Block has been undertaken with just over 50% completed.
The Central block is also sitting at just over 50% completed.

Capture WA

Currently the weather is holding, although the remaining area (the southern portion) we are hoping completion for capture by mid-late September.

Assuming the weather holds, we estimate the mosaic should be available in November via SLIP imagery services or to purchase single images please use the Landgate Map viewer Plus platform.

I am pleased to advise (belatedly) that the entire Metro area was captured before 10 Sept 2023!

This means we are on target to take receipt of the completed mosaic in late October. I will provide a firmer delivery date in coming days.

Unlike last year (when capture delays meant it wasn’t deployed until early Jan), we anticipate this mosaic will be deployed in MV+ and SLIP in early to mid-November.

1 Like

I regret to advise that our contractor has encountered some issues with the delivery of the mosaic within prescribed timeframes.
At this stage, we now expect delivery in mid December and migration will follow shortly thereafter. Expect the mosaic to be availble in SLIP and MV+ in mid-January 2024.
Apologies for the delay.

1 Like

I regret to advise that the time frames advised above have shifted slightly.
We are now likely to take receipt of the metro mosaic early next week. Following that, we will need to undertake standard QA.
Unfortunately, there is an internal ‘change freeze’ that will be in place until 3 Jan, and a delayed migration window, which will prevent migration to SLIP or MV+ until late January.
I will advise of more precise dates as they are made available.

1 Like

I am pleased to advise that we took receipt of the completed metro mosaic late last week and it has already passed QA and is now being prepared for migration.
We are confident that the imagery will be available in SLIP from the week commencing 8th Jan 2024.

I am pleased to advise the following progress this week.

• MV+ - the mosaic is now available.
• SLIP – the PROD change request is scheduled 17 Jan at 5pm. The delay has been caused by the implementation of a new wms ID and customers need time to modify their script.

1 Like

Please be advised that the winter metro capture has now been deployed in SLIp imagery services

1 Like