DataWa - GDA2020

Hi Guys,

I know this is everyone’s ‘favorite’ topic currently, as each of our organisations comes to terms with transitioning to a new coordinate system.

I was wondering how this transformation is going within the dataWA team and when we might see imagery, and spatial data available via API’s (or download) in GDA2020?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

In relation to SLIP, the last stage of the Landgate GDA2020 project happening in 2021/22FY will conduct a proof of concept for storing and publishing SLIP data as GDA2020. If all goes well then this will progress into production in the latter half of 2021/22FY, following the successful POC. Once we start work on the POC I should be able to provide a bit more info on what the approach will look like.

We will however be making our SLIP data downloads available in GDA2020 relatively soon. We are commencing testing in our UAT environment this week and provided this goes smoothly then the new data downloads solution should be available in production in July 2021.

Thanks

Karl

7 Likes

Hi Ben,

Just an update on the SLIP GDA2020 downloads - as you may have guessed things didn’t quite go smoothly, but we’re pleased to advise that GDA2020 downloads were released this week!

You can find some more details in the New SLIP Data Downloads Solution | Data WA article, including the addition of File Geodatabase to the SLIP download formats. We’ve also since released a How To guide to help with scripting.

3 Likes