Perth Metro aerial capture - Winter 2022

For those looking for an update on the Perth Metro aerial capture (RGB @10cm), I can advise that it started today (Monday 15th Aug). It is estimated to take about 50 hours (14 days) to fly the 9,400sqkm but will ultimately be a function of the weather, prescribed burning by DBCA and any Perth Air Traffic Control restrictions.
Assuming things go smoothly, the mosaic should be available in November

I will provide updates as they come to hand.

Since the metro capture kicked off 3 weeks ago, the weather has hampered progress.

As of 5th Sept, we are at 27% complete (in green below) - with little opportunity to undertake any more flying until this weekend.

Updates will be posted as they come to hand.

1 Like

Not a lot of progress to report in the past week due to poor flying conditions.
We are now at 36% - in green below.

Unfortunately, the 10 day forecast isn’t looking too favourable.

Updates posted as they come to hand.

1 Like

The weather and prescribed burning continues to play a significant part in progressing this winter’s capture.
I am pleased to report that we are now at 70% complete (in green below) - up from 36% 3 weeks ago.

Unfortunately, apart from Friday and Saturday (7 & 8 Oct), the 7-day forecast for Perth doesn’t provide much hope for an early completion.
Further updates provided as they come to hand.

2 Likes

The incidence of high cloud and prescribed burning continues to hamper this year’s winter capture.

However, I can at least report that we are now at 80% complete (in green below) - up from 70% a fortnight ago.

Landgate is in receipt of the Southern block of imagery and in a position to get that mosaic started.

With good flying weather expected today (18/10/22), tomorrow and Saturday, there is a good opportunity to wind this up by week’s end – pending no burn offs.

Updates posted as they come to hand.

1 Like

Good morning all.

Due to our unseasonal cooler and cloudy weather, I regret to advise there has been no further capture progress made in the past fortnight.
We are still at 80% complete.
Thankfully improved capture opportunities exist later in the week.

On a better note, Landgate is in receipt of the metro north and metro south raw imagery frames which we are currently triangulating.

2 Likes

I can finally advise that the winter metro capture has been completed. The outstanding few runs in the central block were finalised over the weekend.

Good progress is being made in triangulating the northern and southern blocks, but won’t likely be available as completed mosaics in SLIP before Christmas. It is anticipated that the central mosaic will be ready for deployment into SLIP in mid to late Jan 2023.

2 Likes

The northern and southern blocks have been deployed into SLIP, but the central block is still at least a fortnight away.

1 Like

I can advise that the central block has been scheduled for deployment in SLIP on Thursday 16 Feb.

1 Like